QRE offers a range of landlord and tenant advisory services across all property types.
The QRE landlord and tenant advice is based on significant experience in negotiating rent reviews, lease renewals and in advising on break options.
Disputes can, and do, arise on a frequent basis. The most common area of disputes arise from rent reviews, lease renewals and lease restructuring.
The rent review process is a significant business event, which impacts directly on operational profits (for Tenants) and on property values (for Landlords). It is therefore important for all Landlords and Tenants to seek professional advice to represent them and negotiate the best possible outcome. Our dedicated team are hugely experienced in identifying those lease terms, which impact on rental value and structure our advice and negotiations around these points.
- Rent Reviews - We represent either the landlord or tenant in rental disputes, providing expert witness written submissions (arbitration and independent experts) and/or oral evidence at an arbitration hearing
- Lease Renewals - We represent either the landlord or tenant in lease renewal negotiations, providing expert advice on all main lease terms to align them with their business objectives
- Lease Restructuring - We advise on restructuring leases with the aim of enhancing the value of both parties’ interests in a changing business environment, through a combination of extending leases, changing rents, negotiating rent free periods or contributions towards re-fitting.
The advisory team are also greatly experienced in Rating cased, Ground Rents and in more recent times challenging entries to the Vacant Sites Register.
- Acting for Landlords and Tenants across all asset classes
- Upward/downward Rent Review from Feb 2010
- Arbitration and expert submissions to 3rd party
- Expert Witness Evidence
- Court Leases